Wednesday, July 30, 2008

8 weeks 3 days

Well, I had my OB history appt today. Very anti-climatic. An hour of "let's play 100 questions about your private life, your female reproductive system, and every genetic disease know to mankind". Then, seven...yes, SEVEN...vials of blood.

Our OB practice is down a doc so the practice's competition across town is covering them one night a week and one weekend a month 'til further notice. *eyes rolling* So, I could get a complete stranger delivering Böna! Nice.

And, they have a nurse practitioner in there in the meantime. Hope she's better than the midwife from when I was pregnant with Flicka.

Oh, and if we want the ultrasound next week (which used to be "standard") we have to pay out of pocket...$250! *sigh*

Good news? They have a 3D machine but don't charge it as such since they can't always get the pretty pictures everyone expects.

$250 doesn't sound too bad at this point just for peace of mind.

I'm still a mess emotionally...this 8th-9th week really stinks for me since for some reason I'm still clinging to the memory of the baby we lost at 8 weeks in 2002...in August. *sigh* Plus, an upsetting email - the two combined makes for a very hormonal, overly emotional momma.

Next appt: Thursday, August 7th @ 9w4d.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hello, again! I promise that I'm not stalking you)

:-)